Monday, July 14, 2008

one of 'em boys cried then went shopping

Last Friday's snippets:

Was watching SYTYCD's Kherington and Twitch do some Viennese Waltz. The routine has a personal sentimentality to it, especially because the song has a very special meaning to the choreographers.

So I was watching it, and just when my tears were about to fall, my colleague Tim suddenly showed up in my cube and caught me teary-eyed. I had to shoo him away before I got to explain. Embarassing moment no. 261 there! Hahaha!

---

Had a matter-of-life-and-death issue at hand: what's more flattering for a girl--to be categorized as a girl-next-door or a hot chick. For me, it depends. But when Iza and I asked Francis' take on the issue, he only has one thing to label me:

One of the boys.

Great. Well, fine, I admit I tend to be one. And sometimes, it works for me. Sometimes. Still, it's flattering to be treated like a lady, not like a brother. Ugh.

---

Since there were no takers for the GCs I've been selling (they're Big & Small/Spin/Havin' A Baby GCs), I decided to just use them myself, see what preggy clothes I can buy and get away with wearing them without being accused of being actually pregnant. Francis was quite hesitant to join me in my shopping spree. "Naku, baka ma-tismis tayo nito," he said. I just laughed it off.

So there I was, gleefully enjoying fitting the clothes on sale only to learn I can't buy them with my precious GCs (but then Bubs and Cleo told me they were able to score sale items with their GCs. So unfair!). So I just settled for a brown tube dress and paid cash for this maroon bubble tube top that was on sale. At the cashier:

Cashier: Ma'am, first baby nyo po?
Me: Um. Ah. Hindi pa.

Was so tempted to point at Francis and say, "Sya, baby damulag ko."

2 comments:

pat said...

"sya, baby damulag ko."

hahaha, that's too funny. yeah, iza asked me about that survey too. very interesting.

Sunshine said...

haha! hey pat dear!!! when are you coming back! miss na kita!!!!!!!!