Saturday, May 14, 2011

the truth about recipe books

Since I got married, I discovered that I can actually cook, and that the dishes I prepare are actually edible. In fact on some good days, I'm able to whip up scrumptious meals.

I usually "play it by ear", so to speak, when I prepare food--no recipes to guide me. More often than not, I just come up with a nameless dish whose ingredients all depend on what's in our fridge and cupboard. But on days when I run out of ideas, I consult recipe books. The other night's dinner, for instance, was the result of one recipe: chicken satay. I'm proud to say I did a pretty decent job.

And then there was last night's stuffed tomatoes, which was a...


HORRIBLY INEXPLICABLE DISASTER!

Align Center

Apparently, scooping the seed-laden flesh of tomatoes isn't as easy as the recipe made it sound.

IT WAS ALL A BIG LIE!!! *fist in the air*
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments: