Thursday, November 23, 2006

ho-hum-dee-dee-dum

Today, as well as the past week, has been boring. Not that I'm complaining (because the last time I complained, I got what I wanted and it kinda sucked). Let's just say it's so hard to pass time doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing – I surf the net while pretending to be busy. Again, I don't mean it as if it's a bad thing. Months of crunch time are now over, so I'm grateful for the peace and quiet I have now. Yehey!

---

I'm missing Ginger and Clapton again. Yesterday was a happy day as I didn't come to work due to that excruciating monthly pain. So sis and I lounged around the house and played with the pups. Of course, we took the opportunity to finish watching the first 12 episodes of Lost Season 2. We were planning on finishing the remaining episodes, but because work calls the following day (for me), we were forced to stop. Sad, sad.

---

Last Monday's KATHA Songwriters' Night was a bang. Conspiracy Bar was jampacked. And Noel Cabangon rocks!!! Can't wait for Dec. 11 (it's Christmas-themed. There'll be a big Christmas pageant, and I get to be a reindeer. Yes, I'm kidding, but it'd be swell if it were true! Haha!) Seriously, if you're interested, do drop by and be amazed at the many talents we have here on our shores. (This is shameless plugging.) I wish to upload the videos of our performance, but I don't think I should: Uploading would take up lots of bandwidth, which would spell ISD trouble for me; then, there's IPR.

---

Francis is posing a threat to my songwriting/poetry writing career. He's now composing his own lyrics (the new composition we performed recently at the KATHA event). And I must say his recent work is brilliant! So I must be prepared and more cautious. I should think of ways to outdo him.

So Francis, I know you're reading this, don't come to me for help with your syntax issues. Hahaha! Naah, I'm proud of him. Very much! Way to go! Here's to more word romancing! Teehee!


And because he's now into free verse, let me segue to this fantastic short letter/poem by e.e. cummings. He wrote this for his father when he was just, get a hold of this, SIX YEARS OLD!?!?!

FATHER DEAR. BE, YOUR FATHER-GOOD AND GOOD,
HE IS GOOD NOW, IT IS NOT GOOD TO SEE IT RAIN,
FATHER DEAR IS, IT, DEAR, NO FATHER DEAR,
LOVE, YOU DEAR,
ESTLIN.

Man, the guy must be such a nerd, and I'd give anything to have his brains and his pen. Hahah! But really, he's such a brilliant poet. Magnificent, awesome, genius! And did I say he's brilliant?

So I should work on my e.e. cummings creations now. --poof--

No comments: