Tuesday, January 09, 2007

back to the grind

Oh yes, yes, yes! Got back from an extended holiday "vacation" just yesterday. The vacation is nothing close to waves or pine trees, more like close (very close) to my bed (all day) and a 38.9 fever, plus sore throat and mild asthma. It seems that getting sick is my way of ushering new years into my life. At least, though, I managed to stay at home. So I'll just wait for my meager paycheck come the 15th of this month.

So how's everyone's new year?

Mine was spent with EBC and my little family–that's me, mom and sis–together with the traditional sleepover of my mom's youngest sister and her family. I think it's more fun to welcome the new year and say "tah-tah" to the outgoing year in number, in this case, there's 6 of us to do that. And of course, there were our neighbors, who welcomed their balikbayan relatives, who happened to be our playmates eons ago. You can imagine my surprise to see them all grown-up (and the boys grew to be cute guys! hahah!).

Shutter-happy EBC peeps


My tita Nene, sis, mom, cousin Jered and tito Obet


With Jerome and Joan, who's fresh from the US
and is now all grown up!



Me, cousin, and sis


Just like sisters!

Upon welcoming myself back to the office, I found that my Mac is having problems (and so I have a legal reason not to work) and that my mom would probably kill me. Remember my sis' oathtaking last December? Well, took loads of photos only to delete them without uploading them to my PC at home. I wasn't aware I haven't uploaded them yet. So now I only have 5 photos left here at the office. Five photos! My mom would really go berserk and tell me I'm no good. And I'm really hating myself for it. Like I'm responsible for documenting such a momentous event in my sis' life and I screwed up. If I can only ask her to take her oath all over again. Oh deary.

P.S.
I am sooo loving the big bag Francis gave me for Christmas. It's so roomy, I can probably hide in it when deadlines come whooshing by. Haha!

My desk doesn't look messy like that anymore! Congratulate me!

No comments: