Friday, December 29, 2006

new beginnings

This will most likely be my last post for this year.

Every new year, I picture myself literally holding on to the December page of the calendar, trying to grasp whatever memories–good or bad–that the incumbent year has given me. But of course, I've no other choice but to let go. What with all the happy and crackling sounds around me, I'd probably be too distracted to even hold on to the page.

2006 is the year I would like to hold on to for long. This was the last year we spent with Nanay. I still miss her a lot. A LOT. But I know, as cliche as it is, that time heals. And time won't be able to perform its healing miracles if I continue to stop it from ticking.

Still, the next year promises so many new things for everyone. I just hope and pray that those new things would be mostly good, if not better. I say "mostly" because I would not want to wish everyone a perfect year, much as I want to. That's just not reality. Plus, if everything's perfect, appreciating better times won't be the same.

Yesterday, I got a new planner (I'm obsessed with getting/buying one every time the year ends). I feel like I have another set of pages on which I can tangibly record my hopes and my I-plan-to's. And when I did jot them down yesterday, I realized I haven't been as driven as I was supposed to be this year. I still wrote down a couple of plans that were supposed to be realized this year, but sadly, they remained as plans. I just wish that starting January, I'd be ticking off those plans I've written, one by one. Big and small. Probable or seemingly improbable. So yes, next year is another big opportunity to start things over, but I hope to have a better game plan. (I trust Him to lead me to a better game plan.)

Indeed, the coming year is something to look forward to. And this passing year, together with everything it brought, is something to keep as a precious memory.

Have a blessed and renewed new year, every one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

have a great 2007, shine!

Sunshine said...

you, too, Abby! =)