Sunday, February 10, 2008

li'l kid on a field trip

At Sky in Baguio, July 2007

H
ere I am again feeling like a 6-year-old, all excited about another Baguio trip. Though this will be the first time for me to go to my fave place without Francis (it sucks). Nevertheless, there are still reasons to look forward to the trip, three of which are: (1) it's going to be an escape from all the fatal stress from work; (2) it's the Panagbenga Festival, which means lots and lots of street dancings and photo ops (I just have to really wake up early and not be contented to watch the festivities on TV despite being in Baguio already--this happened a few Panagbengas back, to Francis' dismay); (3) it's in Baguio. Period.

Baguio really comes in good timing. I think it wants me to go back and again. I don't really mind.


Speaking of Baguio, Francis surprised me when he mentioned about relocating there. We were starting with the wedding planning last night when we came to the topic of where we'd be living as a married couple.

I wasn't prepared when my fiancé told me he's considering relocating to Baguio. At first I was scared. I mean, there's no doubt about it that I love the place. But what would happen to our career then? And besides, I'm really not ready to live in a place that far away from my family.

But now that I think about it, the prospect excites me. Like what Francis said to me last night when I asked him about leaving our jobs, I can always go full-time freelance and he can find a new job there in the Baguio mines (hehe), and then maybe we can apply for gigs at Ayuyang Bar...

My heart skipped a beat thinking about the possibility. Oh, Baguio...


Maybe. Hmmmmmmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.