Tuesday, August 24, 2010

because i am hot

Honest. Open. Trusting. Those were three of the many ideas we learned during our seminar on coaching for effectiveness last Thursday-Friday. Despite the 8am call time (I made it earlier than that, hah!), the two-day seminar proved to be a really great learning experience on how to be an effective coach (not boss!) to one's partners (not just mere subordinates!). And so during the whole of the seminar, we were asked to be H.O.T., and be hot was what 15 of us became.

After that, I did feel hot...and out of breath. It was the weekend when me and hubby were to sleepover our house in Taytay as "guardians" while mom and sis were away having fun in Cebu-Bohol. Hubby thought of just staying home, but I cannot just leave our house in Taytay (and of course, our dogs there) to abandonment and neglect. Besides, I miss our dogs.

The two-night-three-day stay found me in bed most of the time. I'm glad the fever did not persist, and I was able to borrow my aunt's nebulizer to shoo away asthma. Unfortunately, I had to take a sick leave from work since yesterday just to make sure my ill health does not worsen (and also to rule out dengue). We left Taytay last night, and it made me sad to leave our dogs again. Good thing mom left food with my aunt (neighboring relatives FTW!) so Ginger and Clapton won't go hungry today.

As of this writing, I'm still not in tip-top shape. I hope to feel better real soon so I can go back to work tomorrow and drop by the mall to pay my credit card bill before the due date. And of course, I pray for sis and mom's safe trip back home.

No comments: