Tuesday, December 28, 2010

holiday ho-hos

Happy holidays from me and Francis!!!

As expected, my favorite season has been busy with Christmas dinners and get-togethers.

Before I took a two-week holiday, my friends and colleagues from work had a simple Christmas dinner at Amici in Megamall. But before I was able to sit down and savor my spinach cannelloni, I had to first do a quick shopping for a few more gifts and, um, a pair of shoes that haunted me until I bought it (more on my recent shoes streak in another entry).


Francis and I spent last year's holiday season all by ourselves holed up in our pad (because it was our first Christmas together), so this year, we spent the Christmas Eve at Francis' place in Novaliches. Despite my bad colds, which almost escalated to fever had I not drank medicine on time, the simple celebration had been nothing but fun!

For a change, we had Buddy's pancit lucban instead of the usual pancit palabok (haha!). My sister-in-law whipped up a delicious carbonara (which Francis, the ever bully big brother that he is, incessantly teased her about). I, on the other hand, made some blueberry cheesecake, which my sis-in-law absolutely loved (thanks, sis-in-law!). Come 12MN, we all gathered 'round the Christmas tree for gift-giving/receiving. Francis and I got personalized mugs with Flat Tops as bonus, a cute yellow alarm clock (I already have a spot for it in mind in our new home!), and a nice cotton tee for him and a shower/body lotion set for me from my sister-in-law. As for hubby's gift, I opened it the night of the 22nd because I'm that excited (I have low EQ, I know)-- it's Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue perfume. I absolutely fell in love with the scent! It's citrusy with hints of light floral--no overpowering sweetness that makes me choke--just sweet enough for my taste. Methinks I'll buy another one when my first bottle runs out. Yay!


I also gave hubby his gift in advance, because he already needed it--a nifty pair of Sanuk Pick Pocket (already his second pair from me!). I like this new pair better, though, because it looks more street-smart than the rugged Kingston.

Kingston vs. Pick Pocket

Anyway, before we left Novaliches on Christmas day itself, we visited my mom-in-law's grave to pay our respects. I bet everyone missed her this holiday season, because she's usually the punong abala whenever there's a special occasion. I missed my grandparents, too, because they used to add cheer to an already cheerful celebration. Oh well, I guess the holidays make us more sentimental this way.

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas celebration, and didn't lose focus on the real meaning of the season--when Jesus came to us to be our Saviour.

Now let's look forward to the coming New Year!

No comments: