Sunday, December 05, 2010

this is my december

The last month of this year seems to be the consolation for everything depressing that happened the earlier part of 2010, and I am very grateful for these blessings because I know the Lord used these to help heal me. As Og Mandino said: “Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”

So here I am, counting my blessings.

1. Last week, I had a reunion with my best college girl friends, thanks to the non-working holiday. After so many years, the four of us had a fun dinner at Cafe 1771 in El Pueblo, then coffee right after at Cafe Breton in Podium. Six hours of chikahan still ain't enough! It was really terrific seeing friends you've known through the highs and lows of college. It's really great to have reconnected.

2. Real Living December issue is already out, and its pages have not just one, but four of my articles--and they're all about Baguio! Because of this assignment, I experienced my favorite city like I never did before: I was given the opportunity to do an ambush interview with National Artist BenCab, we had a bonding moment over coffee with another known visual artist Ben-Hur Villanueva, I was able to explore other shopping spots for home decorating, and I had the chance to experience the very cozy ambiance of PNKY Bed and Breakfast. It is one of the best Baguio trips I've ever had so far!

3. Aside from RL, my piece on where to bring balikbayan friends and relatives this holiday season is also out in Good Housekeeping December. My photos also accompany my article, and I'm really, really thankful because my prayers to have my photos published have been answered this year.

4. Speaking of photos, Summit's newest addition to its websites, TravelBook.ph, also carries a couple of my photos of Baguio and Bolinao, as well as some of my blog entries on traveling in my other blog. It's just really fantastic!

5.The unit improvement plan for our new nest has finally been approved (after a week of delay). This means that the next few weeks will see the construction of our unit's partitions, etc., and we'll soon start packing our stuff in preparation for our move in by January. It's gonna be a new year in a new home that we can call our own! My husband and I really praise God for this big blessing because aside from finally having our own place (after renting a studio unit for two years), the preparations for the big move have made us closer.

December is really proving to be a great blessing, and I can't wait to add to my list. I hope everyone also has blessings to count!

P.S.
Please grab a copy of Real Living and Good Housekeeping December!

No comments: