Wednesday, January 05, 2011

because DMB says "you and me together, we can do anything"

We can always look back at what we did
All these memories of you and me baby
But right now it's you and me forever girl
And you know we could do better than anything that we did
You know that you and me, we could do anything
-- Dave Matthews, "You and Me"

The new year found us "updating" our couple song (yes, we still buy into that). The original, which we will still cherish of course, is Lisa Angelie's The First Time I Loved Forever (from The Beauty and the Beast TV series). We fell in love with the lyrics, which is the same thing that happened with Dave Matthews' You and Me. Here's the vid.



Francis found the song beautiful, and so he told me about it one night and I immediately fell in love. And because we do want to create lots and lots of fun and magical memories as Mr. and Mrs., as the lyrics say, we have created our first-ever bucket list. Here, I share the 2011 Bucket List of Mr. and Mrs. Funa, in no particular order:

1. Travel out of the country - maybe Indonesia, Singapore, Cambodia or Thailand--I don't mind wherever because it will be my first time, so yay!
2. Go back to Baguio with my Mom - I promised her this last year. Now we need to make sure we stick to that promise.
3. Have gigs again - because WE MISS IT.
4. Eat one foreign dish a month - we love to eat, though my frame will tell you otherwise.
5. Observe quiet time daily - with all the blessings that the Lord has showered us, it's just but right to have a daily communion with Him. And of course, reading His word together strengthens our relationship with each other and with Him.
6. "Re-launch" Our Yellow Room - which is our small business (we sell home decor items). We had to halt "operations" after I had my, um, operation.
7. Have photo taken with a known politician - just for kicks.
8. Check-in overnight at a five-star hotel - again, just for kicks.
9. Get really wasted at home - just the two of us, because we never really drink alcohol.
10.Watch a play.
11. Buy a bike and bike regularly - I'd rather this than jog because I'm lazy that way.
12. Ride the Pasig River ferry.
13. Ride the PNR train - maybe we can also pretend to be in a period movie while chugging along the old, old railroad?
14. Go to Mt. Pinatubo - the adventure seems really cool!
15. Sit-in in a UP class - we hope our prof friend allows us to do this.
16. Watch a John Lloyd movie - simply because we rarely, if at all, see Pinoy films; much more Pinoy mushy films. Again, this is just for kicks.
17. Observe the vow of silence one Saturday - with a Php5 per word penalty fee, the sum of which will be spent for merienda.
18. Attend a well-known festival - we tried Panagbenga but failed; maybe we'll be more fortunate with another festival.

Let's see which ones get ticked and which ones get carried over to next year. Of course, we hope to cross out all 18 items, and we'll do our best to make that happen.

So what's in your bucket list?

1 comment: