Saturday, August 04, 2012

this is it

I need to write this here so that whenever moments of doubt creep up, I shall be reminded to not doubt and just press on, and always remember why I have come to this decision.

Words of encouragement from friends and loved ones:
"Kaya natin yan. Pray lang!" - hubby
"Great things happen when you let go." - Sam
"Hindi ka Nya pababayaan." - Joanne
"Malaki ang mundo. Go for gold, Shine!" - Con
"And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” - Confucius, as quoted by muther Rachel

My mom has also been very supportive, even helping out with back-up plans. And I think God has been dropping signs, too!

I'm still sticking to the decision and plans that were made months back. I just had to tweak the timeline, though.

I've never been this scared and excited at the same time, except when I first snorkeled and surfed. It's the same feeling, but in a different context. That feeling when you're so afraid to let go but in your head, there's a nagging voice that says, "It's okay. Just let go. You'll float. You won't drown." 

It took me a while, but I feel ready to let go now. (And yes, this is another one of my own surprises. This is, by far, the biggest one. I think I must start keeping track of the surprises I throw at myself from now on.)

I am scared witless, but I know He won't let me sink. 

No comments: