Monday, November 05, 2012

the halloween that was

As has become the tradition every Halloween ever since my dear mom-in-law passed away three years ago, Francis and I went to visit her grave in Holy Cross Memorial Cemetery, just a stone's throw away from where my in laws reside. And as is usual, we visited late in the afternoon together with my sister in law, Tita Neneng and Tita Pearl, who was accompanied by Francis' cute little cousin, Cid (how he's grown from that chubby tot who was our ring bearer!). 

Since some relatives are also in the area, they dropped by and a mini-reunion took place. I especially found the kids crazily fun to hang out with. They were teasing each other like there's no tomorrow, and us adults had no part but just to supply the laughter to their hilarious antics.  

Francis bullying his sister to giving him a back massage
Caught on camera: in between snacking on cheese-filled sandwich
The riot that was brought to us by these funny kiddos
Even us adults had fun with these colorfully lit toys!
Going to the cemetery has always been what Halloween meant to me. I'm never one to attend Halloween parties. I find dressing up in costumes too frivolous for me. I'd rather visit loved ones who have found rest, as morbid as that may sound. Plus, cemeteries during that time of the year isn't really boring, what with all the food stands scattered about, light-up toys that the kids go gaga for, and people of all ages milling and mingling about, saying hello to their departed loved ones and having a reunion with those still living. It's not so bad, really.  


 

In other news, it looks like the new year has something new and exciting in store for me. I just hope and pray that things go according to plan, and that I finally snag this deal. Heck, I have waited for this for, like, years!

No comments: