Monday, March 12, 2007

i need to let the butterflies out

Tonight is the night...After more than a month of anticipating for this big thing, here I am with knots and butterflies in my tummy. I feel queasy again. Like I can't concentrate enough to grant me a sane mind for work today. Like I can't function properly, and this will go on until this day ends.

The Best of KATHA (an organization of Filipino composers where Francis and I are members of), which is happening tonight at 9pm in Phi Resto Bar, Metrowalk, is to blame for this. Though I 've prepared for this big gig a month ago (shopped for the get-up that early; I even had a haircut for this event!), I feel like it's still going to be my first time to go up that stage and sing with a band. And the more I talk (and write) about it, the queasier I feel. Especially when I think that Phi can accommodate as many as 200 people, which is definitely the biggest place we're to perform (yet); and that the event organizers have invited people from record labels; and that the whole stint will be caught in video so bloopers are NOT allowed; and that my colleagues will be seeing me there; and that, and that, and that...

Add the fact that one of the three originals we'll perform tonight still isn't complete, lyric-wise. That song I had to revise for the nth time, and until now, certain words still escape me. Aaaack!

Focus, Shine, focus!

I know we've done a pretty decent practice for this. But at this very moment, I feel like I'm on the verge of a panic attack.

Oh, Lord, help us!!!

(Below are happy moments during the weekend practices.)


Waiting for our turn at Red Damien

My boys: Francis, Coi, Gibet and Ian

Luthien under operation

Coi cam-whoring

Gibet and his back-up vocals. He also sings well!

Ian, I didn't really imagine you to be camera shy!

Francis feeling all giddy.

Actually, this post is just my excuse to invite everyone to drop by the event and support us. Wahahaha!

Seriously, I can't breathe right now... Yelp!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

wish i had seen you perform. i believe in you, shine!

Sunshine said...

heehee! thanks a lot, abby! mas kinakabahan pa ko kase special pub peeps will be there! hahaha!