Saturday, September 15, 2007

it's very welcome

A view from Quezon Island, one of the Hundred Islands
in Lingayen, Pangasinan. Image from wikipedia.com.


Stress, loneliness, and a pint of depression have been getting the best of me lately. So I guess a Masigasig writing/shoot assignment in Pangasinan comes at a good timing. This time around, it's not a day trip (unlike the Baguio assignment; which reminds me–I have yet to scan and upload my 2 Tagalog cover stories. Yey, Tagalog! Challenging, I say. And this Pangasinan article is a break from all the recent katalinghagaan, because it'll be in English).

Cindy, Pat, and I, together with our fotog Mark Ang and reliable driver Kuya Jason, will head off to Lingayen on Monday, leaving Manila at 6am. Then it's back to reality on Tuesday. That's another trip to look forward to. Working for Masigasig is a breath of fresh air–a much appreciated break from all the suffocating semi-advertising work.

And this Sunday's gonna be a good day. I get to see Francis after a week of limited chat on the phone and 144 hours of missing him (no one dare tell me how mushy I am).

I can somehow handle stress from work. But the stress from missing him? I'm not so sure.

Oh well. Let's just see what the following week has in store for little me. For now, I better head home. Staying late at work almost every day this week is torture to my brain cells.

No comments: