Tuesday, May 06, 2008

and isn't it ironic?

Sometimes, life has a way of biting you in the ass--hard.

Going home this evening, I had to stop from crying and making a fool out of myself in the FX. So I just sat there, wallowing in self-pity and asking questions starting with "why".

I've only wanted this one Thing, been so dying to have it. And I know I deserve to have that one Thing. But I see others getting it--and taking it for granted. It just hurts to see how some people take that one Thing for granted--that one Thing I've so longed for. And as selfish or boastful as it may sound, it hurts even more to know that in one aspect or another, I deserve that one Thing more than they do. But why does it seem like I'm asking for the moon? Why haven't I gotten there yet when I've been working my ass off for it?

So this is how it feels to be plagiarized--to see someone bring home all the goodies that you deserve in the first place.

Perhaps I have to remind myself, "In God's time, Shine...in God's time."

Please, God, let that time be now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what the...? shine, is it impossible to fight back? napapa-grrr ako para sa yo!

Cos said...

"...to see someone bring home all the goodies that you deserve in the first place."

Sanabi ko na sayo Shine na dapat kumuha ka pa ng mga broas sakin nung pumunta tayo Bohol! Haha!

Kidding aside, try not to let these kinds of Things bring you down. Marami ka pang opportunities nyan in the bigger scheme of things. Dapat kasi matuto ka nang uminom for de-stressing, hehe.

Sunshine said...

hey abby! thanks for empathizing.*hugs*

di pa naman time to fight back. i'm still in this "place" na hoping and at the same time, hurting (as cheesy as that may sound). if there's a good thing out of this situation I am in is that i realized that i'm serious pala when it comes to my career. haha!

Sunshine said...

cos!

natawa ako sa broas! hahah!

and thanks. inom? not for me. retail therapy na lang, o kaya short out-of-town unwinding, okay na ko. hahaha!