Sunday, May 11, 2008

gigabytes come in neat, little packages

Ooh lala red!

This afternoon, I went to Francis' place to get the CDs I left with him. I need those discs for some review I'm doing. Also, I need him to accompany me in buying a CF card, which I've long put on hold. There's no better time to buy a 2-gig card but now. Otherwise, I'd be forced to bring my laptop to our Albay trip this Monday-Wednesday just so I can transfer photos and free up my hardworking 1G card (I'm the official photographer again for this trip! Yey!). Considering that I usually bring a lot of baggages when I go on out-of-town trips (being the pack rat that I am), adding a laptop bag to my list is not always a good idea.

So we headed to SM North Cyberzone to check out the stores for the most reasonably priced 2GB CF card. We found only two stores, and it was a matter of choosing between Transcend and Kingston. Called up Cos to see what he can recommend, and he told me both brands are okay. But Francis has apprehensions getting Kingston, so I decided to go for Transcend (with a speed of 133x). It cost me only P860, which made me smile with glee.


After rejoicing for a good buy, we proceeded to Villman. Francis asked for the specs and price of a portable hard drive, and I had this feeling that that was his belated happy birthday present for me. Indeed, it is! After asking around for a good deal, we settled for a 160GB Western Digital My Passport Essential™ portable hard drive in fabulous red. The neat thing measures about 3x6 (passport size nga!) and is about half an inch thick. Such a little dandy gadget to have, especially because I need to back up photos every now and then.


A few hours ago before this techie shopping, I was gently scolding Francis for still not giving me a birthday present. But seeing my new toy, I can say that good things come to those who wait (ahem, ahem).


Thanks, Pangga! You're my gadget boy. Haha!


Now off I go to my backing up project.

No comments: