Sunday, September 14, 2008

my name is Shain Chain

Hello there, Shain Chain!

Yesterday at Starbucks in Tagaytay, I got a a brand new name for meself: Shain Chain, also spelled as Shean Chai.

With our orders in hand, Francis amusedly told me that the barista had a very difficult time pronouncing my name. I thought, "How can that be? What's so hard about pronouncing 'sunshine'?" Then I foudn out as soon as our cups landed on the table: On mine was written "Shain Chain". And as if one new name isn't enough, on Francis' Java Chip cup read "Shean Chai". I can only imagine how puzzling it was for the poor barista to pronounce those two names! Hahahah! Now where's Dao Ming Si?





Anyway, I was so excited about last Saturday because for the first time ever, I went on an out-of-town trip ALONE, commuting. Ever since Francis was assigned to Cavite (since his first assignment there last year), he had been nagging me about not visiting him there. Bad me. So this time around, I resolved to give him a visit, never mind the 4 grueling hours of trip it entails, and the possibility that I'd get lost. But good thing I did not. I may not be that good in directions, but I'm thankful I have a good memory when it comes to landmarks.

Having left home at around 8:30, I finally got to Cavite whole at around 12:30. And because Trece is such a "happening" town, we ended up having lunch at Jollibee. Now don't get me wrong: comparing the old Trece (last year) with what/how it looks now, there really are good improvements. When last year there were just 7-11,Chowking and Jollibee for dining options, now there's Red Ribbon. The once bare road is now busy with tiangges. I'm sure the place will be on it's way to more developments soon.

After lunch, we headed to Tagaytay, which is another first: it was our first time to go there commuting. Good thing there are airconditioned buses faring the road to Tagaytay.

The funny/annoying/freaky part was, upon alighting from the bus, there were these tricycle drivers offering us their services (they'll tour you around the place for a price, of course) left and right. However, there was this annoyingly insistent driver who first blocked our way that we had to skirt close beside his trike in order to pass the road. He kept on following us and stopping to block our way. After 3 more irritating tries, I could already feel the anger rising to the surface. I had but to blurt out "Kuya hindi nga e! Ang kulit mo!" (We said no! Stop being persistent!). We thought that ought to make him stop. WRONG! He still kept on hounding us. By this time, I was already freaked out. So in order to lose him, we stopped by 7-11 to buy a bottle of mineral water, hoping that by the time we step out of the store, annoying driver has already gone to bug other people. WRONG AGAIN! He was still there, bent on persuading us. Unfortunately for him, a jeep came along and we hurriedly got in. That dude really scared me!


Anyway, we just chose to hang out in Starbucks for a couple of hours. had we not eaten lunch, we would've given in to our craving for The Boutique. I was already imagining their generous serving of this seafood dish swimming in heavenly delicious white soup (I forgot the name). Even while waiting for a bus to Manila, Francis can't help but pine for The Boutique. Wah!

Next time we hit Tagaytay, we'll definitely visit The Boutique again. And we'll make sure to bring a car so we can make a longer stay. (Francis, on the other hand, upon discovering how easy it is to commute from Trece Martires to Tagaytay, announced gleefully that he'll come back whenever he feels bored. He can only have so much of Jollibee/Chowking/Red Ribbon.)

(More cam-whoring here.)

No comments: