Wednesday, October 15, 2008

i found a new addiction

I guess I'm someone who's always believed that writing notes on paper trumps the techie way of pressing keys--on a laptop, a desktop computer or a Palm Pilot. I've always found novelty in using good ol' pen and paper. I prefer keeping track of my schedule with my moleskin Starbucks planner (looking forward to a new one this holiday!). I enjoy taking notes of sudden bursts of creativity on a notebook. So it's no surprise that when I stumbled upon these wonderfully pretty notebooks by Paper Blanks, I was smitten.

Fast forward to a few weeks, those lovely notebooks are still on my mind; and yesterday, I have made up my mind to run to the (relatively) new Fully Booked right beside Shangri-la Hotel after work and fulfill my notebook fantasies. And as if destined to happen, our payslip reflected no tax deduction (hence, more money to spare/spend), so there was more motivation to pursue my mission. Cindy, who also went gaga over Paper Blanks, was easily coaxed into buying with me.

Fast forward to a few hours, Jenny, Cindy and I found ourselves entering the kingdom of Fully Booked, with only 15 minutes left before the store closes. Cindy and I were really running around like two headless chickens, not sure which design to buy. Good thing for her, Cindy found the design she first fell in love with. I, on the other hand, had to settle for a notebook bearing the same design that I like but of a different color. Yet fate was kind to me that night: just when I was about to pay for my purchase, my eyes hovered on this revolving acrylic shelf carrying these other notebooks, and there I found my love--a slim, Smythe sewn pad with Lyon Floral design and a magnetic strap enclosure. I jumped with glee! The lovely thing shall serve as my official wedding notebook!

And as if one notebook wasn't enough, Cindy and I couldn't resist the others on display as well. They were of another brand, and a couple of hundreds cheaper than Paper Blanks (I got one by Teneues in a Breakfast at Tiffany's artwork!). So there: Cindy and I ended up panic-buying, while Jen reserved some notepads/sketchpads for her revived sketching passion.

Without further ado, I present my precious buys:

Smythe sewn Paper Blank Journal in Lyon Floral design (slim), P777,
(3 1/2 x 7, 176 pp., with a memento pouch and ribbon page marker, acid-free!)



Teneues Line Journal, small (10 x 15cm),
with garter enclosure and a memento pouch



This one is for a future purchase. I just hope by then, this is already locally available.

Smythe sewn Paper Blank Journal in Good Dog (Darn Itch!) design (5 x 7, 176 pp., with a memento pouch, magnetic strap enclosure and ribbon page marker)

No comments: