Thursday, October 23, 2008

wedding mania

It all started one or two weeks back.

Seems like my waking moments these days (hello, even in my dreaming state!) are very much pre-occupied with the thought of getting married--starting from the big day itself to the days and months and years and decades after that.

I admit that having my weekends devoted to wedding preparations is tiring, but I find joy in it. We decided not to hire a wedding coordinator because Francis and I know we can handle everything (aside from the fact that hiring one costs A LOT! But we're getting one for the day itself.) In fact, I enjoy having to mind the nitty gritty. Maybe I have to thank being in an industry that calls for close attention to details.

At this point, we already have a printer to make our invites; and we've already found a couturier to make the gown, barongs and dresses. It's just a matter of finalizing the entourage so we can set a date for the measurement and get the sewing machines rolling. I'm a bit anxious about this as we only have less than three weeks in order to keep to our schedule. Measuring (is that the correct term?) has to be made by the second week of November at the latest, so we can have the fitting by the end of December or first week of January. I'm so excited!!!

Then, when before I used to ignore billboards of condos and houses, now I pay more attention to them. Just the thought of moving into a new nesting place come first quarter of next year makes me all giddy. But before that, there's our honeymoon. We're looking at two options: Hong Kong or Bohol. Given enough moolah, we'd choose the former. But then again, I think that even if we do, maybe I'd (my sole opinion here) go for Bohol because 1) I fell in love with it--it's fantastic! My first (overnight) trip there made me crave for a longer stay; and 2) I'd rather that we save the extra money for a good place. Where we sleep after the honeymoon is far more important, right? I'm sure Francis shares the same sentiment. But definitely, we'd be saving up for an out-of-the-country future trip in case our Hong Kong dream gets junked. It's just that if we're to go on a honeymoon a day after we say "I do", we need to start booking our flight and accommodation by as early as next month. That means we need to make up our minds before October ends! Whew!

So anyway, that's it for now. I just reall, REALLY can't wait to get married. It's the start of a new, fantastic life with Pangga! Woohoo!

P.S.
There's another wedding expo this weekend at the Megatrade Hall, where we'll scout for the perfect wedding band! We actually saw a very classy pair at Suarez in Gateway, and I immediately fell in love with them. We just need to make sure if there are better ones out there.

No comments: