Saturday, November 29, 2008

a happy, happy day!

Three wonderful things happened today.

Last night, on the way home after watching Twilight with Francis, Cindy and her friend Mel in Robinsons Galleria (was disappointed by the movie, by the way), I realized I didn't have my Starbucks planner with me--which means, I must've left it somewhere, either in Podium or Galleria. But then again, when I tried to recall real hard where I probably have left it, I don't remember ever having it with me when we were in Galleria. That must mean I left it somewhere in Podium, in the 2nd level comfort room, if memory serves me right. So early this morning, I immediately called the Podium administration to report what happened, and they were very kind enough to accommodate my dilemma. A certain Mr. Gomez entertained my call. He got my name and contact number, assuring me he'd endorse the issue to their secretary, Michelle. I called them at 8am; come 10:30, our phone rang and my sister called for me, saying someone from Podium was calling. I was so happy to hear from Michelle that they did find my planner! It was pure joy! That planner contains 11 months of my 2008 life, so I prayed really hard that I'd be able to find it. So before meeting with Francis tomorrow for our "official" anniversary date, I'll drop by Podium to claim my beloved planner.

Then this afternoon, my sister and I went to Divisoria to check on the color of the fabric for my entourage. I was worried that the couturier would really have a hard time finding the perfect fabric in the perfect shade of plum we want. But lo and behold, after an exhausting walk to the couturier's stall, they found a better one! Wooopee! Happy bride I am!

And since we were in Divisoria, we made most of the time by scouring the place for the perfect wedding favor, which is the only thing unchecked in our list. Francis and I were hoping to find something musically themed. After minutes of walking and pushing around amid the crowd, sis and I were disappointed to see that the many wedding giveaways there are the ordinary ones that didn't really suit our taste. We decided to just head home, as my sis still has to attend choir practice by 7pm. She decided we take a short cut, hoping to find an easier (and less crowded) way back to where we can hail a PUV to the LRT station. Unfortunately, it was a bad decision; we found ourselves squished among a stream of busy shoppers, and I had to scold my sister for insiting we take that "short cut". Good thing there's this sidestreet with less people (but a tad crowded with mechandise). And just before turning another street, we passed by this quaint store, Grandway Commercial, housing lots of figurines and other house decor. I dragged my sister in to see if we can find something nice. We were barely in the store for five mintues when I found these cute steel figurines holding various musical instruments! It's like I was meant to find them! Such serendipity! Not wasting any time, I took a picture of one figurine, sent it to Francis, and hurriedly called him to ask his opinion. I wasn't disappointed--he loves them! Therefore, I haggled for a more reasonable price and told the sales clerk I'd be back as soon as I can to finalize my order. It's been a blessing finding that store! They also have lots of wonderful, quirky pieces that'll spice up any home--cute salt and pepper shakers, a beehive container (yes, a beehive!), antique-looking oriental chests, and other wonderful stuff.

Thank the Lord for a blessed day!

No comments: