Tuesday, November 18, 2008

license to wed

Fresh from the QC Hall, Civil Registry, Window 10

Wooohoooo!!!

You know those moments when you're just utterly at lost for words? That was how I felt when I finally held those precious papers that legitimize our intention to marry. I may have looked like a weird, little girl with a silly smile plastered on my face when I stepped out of the Civil Registry building, making my way to the DOH building to briefly meet my dad.

Of course, I was again running late. Took a half-day off from work to run to QC Hall for our marriage license. I was afraid I'd never make it on time and would have to wait until after lunch for office hours to resume. But I was right on time--40 minutes before lunch. I only had to wait for about 10 minutes before "Funa" was called. I promptly stood up, refraining myself from dashing to Window 10. Wow. I stood up at the call of "Funa". Wow. Wee!

So there I was, beaming as I held the license. The moment was surreal but magnificent.

Well, I bet every moment of February 28, 2009 will be surreal. In fact, I think every day thereafter will be...

No comments: