Monday, May 21, 2007

let me just rant for a bit...

I feel like I have to let this off my chest.

As per my recent blog entry about not voting...well, I decided to vote. I had this intrapersonal argument, and the possibility of better leadership (nevermind how small that is) thru voting won.

But I failed to. I have myself to blame. Got to the precint too late. Fortunately for my sis, the poll watcher of her precinct allowed her to vote after she begged to. But my pleas to the poll watcher of my precinct, which is just a few steps away from that of my sis', had deaf ears. Turned out it was the poll watchers' prerogative whether or not they'd allow you to vote come past 3pm. We should've listened to my mom, who kept nagging at us to hurry up before the precinct closes at 3.

My utmost frustration here lies with the fact that I decided to vote. Had I not, I never would've been that frustrated and dismayed. Add the fact that I find it a bit unfair that they let my sis cast her vote and I was left standing there teary-eyed and feeling nauseated. (Yes, I did vent all the frustration to Francis as soon as we got back home. And yes, I did sob.)

Oh well... so much for political hullabaloos.

No comments: