Sunday, October 28, 2007

and another wave comes crashing

I like road trips. No, I love road trips. The whole experience of seeing the view along miles and miles of concrete road that merges with dirt roads; the unexplainable happiness I feel when stopping over a gas station at the expressway, meeting people from different walks of life whose souls are also yearning to escape from the chaos of urbanism; the laughter shared with friends when all of you are awake, or the silence that takes over when everyone, except the poor driver, is snoozing; the road trip playlist that you almost forgot to load in your mp3 player the night before (for me, Pure Shores by All Saints is always cool on the road, especially when you're hitting the beach).

Everything about going out of town is just wonderful. Just thinking about it right this moment makes me want to pack my bags and go to some place I can find solitude from the past month's crazy schedule. Yes, as predicted, I want to escape to Baguio again. I do not have to enumerate the reasons why because I've already written about my fascination and my love affair with the place a couple of times now.

Unfortunately, the long weekend has no out-of-town trip in store for me. I really wish there is one, even if it's just in Tagaytay. I do believe I deserve such a break. Non-stop shoots and inhumane deadlines, not to mention some emotional stress on the side, are taking their toll on my frail body. My circadian rhythm has been disrupted, and right now, I'm struggling to get it right back on track.

I really, really need a break. Francis, dear, can we plan a short escape and collect snow cherries from France*? Teehee.

*Snow Cherries from France by Tori Amos was playing while we were driving along a highway in Tagaytay when we celebrated our 7th anniversary. (This is a run-on sentence, I know.)

No comments: