Tuesday, October 02, 2007

mandy moore-ing


Because I'm finally done with my Gensan article for Masigasig, I'm treating myself to one of my girl crushes, Mandy Moore (the "treating" part doesn't sound right, though. Oh well...). I guess her choice of not baring her skin just to sell albums made me admire her. (I forgive her my-lips-have-their-own-lives-apart-from-the-rest-of-my-body days; she's improved a lot now.)

Last weekend, I stumbled upon the latest video of her latest single from her latest album, "Wild Hope". Found the MTV cute. Man, I wonder how many outfits the stylist had to think of for that video! Top choices would be: Mandy wearing a belted, white, knee-length dress with boots as she's climbing a ladder (there's actually 2 Mandys); then she in a long, white dress with vest (following that white dress-boots ensemble); then the succeeding one where she's in a hippie top, bandana, and jeans; and lastly, Mandy in a long, red dress climbing another ladder. Now those are four inspirations for four days of not knowing what to wear! Perfect!

So anyway, here's the video.



I just wish "Wild Hope" will be released here soon. Anyway, as a bonus, found another video of her where she covers Rihanna's Umbrella. I didn't like the song when I first heard it (Rihanna's version, that is), but I guess it just grew on me. But I like Mandy's version better (forget Marie Digby!).

No comments: