Friday, May 28, 2010

gloomy morning, must write

Last night, I resolved to wake up early today so I can whip up some decent breakfast for the hubby. And I did wake up early (woohoo!). And I woke up to this gloomy sky that made me wish it will rain again to ward off the unbearable heat of this summer.


The hope of rain made me more excited to prepare some French toast and bacon. It's also my way of greeting hubby a happy wedding monthsary (haha, cheesy). So after breakfast and the morning chores, and after sending hubby to work, I decided to put to writing some thoughts that played in my head last night before I went to sleep.

After the major events that have happened lately, I have resolved to:

...write more often, about anything and in any way I can--blogs, poetry, lyrics--anything. I have more than enough pretty notebooks that are wasting away because I haven't been writing as often as I should. In fact, there have been some decent ideas that are now forgotten because I did not scribble them down. Boo me.

...be less of a worrywart. I need to realize and remember that there are some things I have no control of, and that I can't stress myself to death worrying about those things. That's what faith is for, isn't it? I can't just offer everything up to God and then worry about them after. That's not faith.

...make things happen. For those things I can control, then I will take charge. And then I will let go. I will do everything I can and set my heart on things I really want, and once I've done my very best, if they're meant for me, they'll be mine; they will happen.

...complain less and appreciate more. I'll really do my best to become less of a whiner and just focus on the good things that surround me. I shall make it a habit to count my blessings, and hopefully, be able to share them with others.

...take more pictures, especially of things and events that make me happy and (my mom and hubby will strongly agree to this) have special pictures developed. It's about time I really start scrapbooking, even if it's just really a collection of photos sans those scrapbook trinkets easily bought at bookstores (well then, that makes it a plain album. Haha!).

...take photography more seriously by taking pictures more often, like I said above. I've already started building my folio, and I will continue to do so.

...serve Him more. The Lord has been more than gracious to me since I can remember. He deserves my zeal. And although I have not been active in serving Him, I pray that I be given the resources to put my faith into more action. This may seem difficult, since I now live far from my mother church; but I want to do things I can to become more active in His service.

So there. I guess when life throws not-so-good things our way, all we have to do is move forward in faith and resolve that once these things have come to pass, we emerge as someone better.

No comments: