Thursday, September 02, 2010

yes, i am all for immediate gratification

So last night was almost a downer if not for Despicable Me. Two things: First, Aklat Eklat made a mistake with my initials so I had to return the item and wait for a few more days for the correct one. It's just weird that I had a feeling something might go wrong with the book jacket I ordered, and something did. Bleh! But Aklat was kind enough to promise me the new jacket will be ready within this week. Good thing they have one more of the color I chose; otherwise, I'd have to wait for three weeks--and that's torture for me! I want my book jacket asap, before I go to Baguio for a writing assignment. I want it with me making my book feel all cozy and snug in that cold, magical place.

Second, I forgot to use my Citibank "coupons" to avail of a movie discount. I totally forgot that I have receipts worth a Php200 discount, all because I was so stoked about my book jacket. So hubby and I ended up paying the full price for the movie. But since we just opted for a regular showing (no 3D for us for this one), we didn't have to shell out a lot.

Now my night would've ended in such tragedy if not for Despicable Me. It is such an adooooorable movie! The overflowing cuteness made up for the so-so plot. It made me forget how upset I am. And to be honest, I think the Minions upstaged Agnes when it comes to cuteness overload.

If you don't find the Minions cute, then poor you!

No comments: