Wednesday, August 16, 2006

elements of weightlessness

90/60, 78, 94. Only the last of these numbers is normal--and that would be my blood sugar. All the rest, my BP and *gulps* weight go below the normal scale. I'm THAT frail!?!?! And that's all the blood that remains in my frail body? Am I still human????

This means, I better work double time in gaining weight and I really, really have to sleep earlier than 12mn. Lest, I become a living dead.

***

There really are some people who, in order to please others, would make living a hell. Well, not really living but working. They don't care if what the client wants is illogical, much more wrong grammar, for as long as they follow what they want.

It's just sad that the quality of work suffers simply because some people like to kiss arse. It's as if they worship clients and are programmed to follow whatever they want, never mind if the subject and the verb don't agree (for instance). What's even sadder is that since you don't want to be associated with such erroneous work, you just force yourself to shut up and not brag about that particular piece of work that you slaved for, not wanting to risk your reputation as an artist or a writer.

What boggles me more is, why do (forgive the term) ass-kissing people like these make a challenging job one heck of a difficult one for me and my team? Why do they have to act like programmed machines churning out faulty revisions from their clients? Why do they have to cause my disillusionment?

It's very, very sad. Depressing even, to think you can do your best without other people boxing you in, only to find out that wouldn't really happen. And to think it's just a simple case of correct grammar or appealing layout.

Darn it. Is this the price you pay just so other inconsiderate people get more commission?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i've been on the other side of the fence. it was hard for me to be in the middle of two warring sides: client and creatives.

then again, in your case, you can't really fight anyone...

Sunshine said...

Oh well. I'ts just that you've been trained to, at the very least, check copies for faulty grammar. And when you do just that, someone comes along insisting something completely opposite of what you're supposed to do. It's like you want to do your best but some "higher being" dictates something else that makes you cringe.

So many crazy things have happened. Ugh.