Tuesday, August 22, 2006

return of the freak

"Home is behind, the world ahead,

And there are many paths to tread,

Thru shadow to the edge of night,

Until the stars are all alight,

Mist and shadows, clouds and shade

All shall fade, all shall fade."

-- Sung by Pippin in Return of the King


The long weekend found me sleeping, watching TV, doing some writing jobs, worrying about Francis (but he's back on his feet now, thank God!), and....*drum rolls* watching (again) Return of the King. Woooohoooo!

I've long wanted to re-watch at least one of the three LOTR installments, and I never found time (shame on me) until yesterday. Since sis and mom went on a shopping spree at 168, the TV was all mine to hoard.

I never get tired of watching PJ's widescreen adaptation of Tolkien's epic. And even until now, my fave scenes in ROTK never fail to give me goosebumps and yes, tears: Arwen's vision of her son with Aragorn, the lighting of the beacons of Gondor, Gandalf and Pippin riding to help Gondor's men against the menacing Nazguls, Pippin singing for Denethor while Faramir's army are heading for a suicidal attempt in reclaiming Osgiliath, the sounding of the battle horn of the Rohirrim upon their arrival at Pelennor Fields, the Pelennor Fields battle, Eowyn slaying the Witch-king of Angmar...I could go on and on and never get tired.

Sometimes, I laugh at myself whenever I catch me mouthing the dialogues! I know I'm getting kind of scary here, but I really love the feeling of being so perpetually engrossed in something as awesome as this epic.

Now I just have to make time for the FOTR and TTT. Mwahahaha!

Oh, and does anyone know where I can buy the extended version of ROTK? I already have the extended ones for the first two parts. For anyone who could point me to where I can find one, Hantalye!

No comments: