Tuesday, February 20, 2007

i heart dexter

Odd man out. Dexter the white.

Would I freak you out if I say that I'm crushing on a serial killer?

One from this series, that is. Thanks to Cos, I was recently ushered into the world of Dexter, a series about a blood spatter expert by day, serial killer by night. (It's based on Jeff Lindsay's novels Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter.)

Dexter Morgan, superbly played by Michael C. Hall (of Six Feet Under, and I love him now), works for the Miami-Dade Police Department. He's actually good at his day job, and equally good at being a serial killer. But he only kills those who have escaped justice. With pizzaz and his own serial killer signature.

Dexter grew up in a foster home; and fortunately for him, he was greatly cared for by his foster parents. In fact, his foster dad (a cop), seeing that he has the makings of a sociopath, taught little Dexter how to divert his violent tendencies, leaving him by what is known as "Harry's code" (Harry is his foster dad). That's why Dexter kills only those he has proven to be guilty of crimes but have evaded the law.

Ah basta, just watch it. It's no CSI show. It's cooler than that. Plus, I love the sense of humor (yes, there is).

And I love Dexter because he's endearing (in his own weird way) and because Michael Hall is hawt.

No comments: