Friday, August 17, 2007

coffee dew



Because:

1. presently, the metro (and other parts of the country) is being ravaged by typhoons one after the other
2. despite the fact that we're allowed to go home earlier than usual, most of us in the department are still working our arses off to beat deadlines
3. I'm pretty bored and busy at the same time...

I am posting this. I hope some coffee shop takes notice.

(And may I quote Francis : "It's William Wallace (yes, Mr. Braveheart!), Tori Amos, Cynthia Alexander and Dave Matthews spending an afternoon in Starbucks...")


--

Coffee Dew
Lyrics/Vocals, Backing Vocals: Sunshine Selga
Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Rainstick, Drum Programming: Francis Funa
Copyright 2007


I was sitting at a café, one day
It was a rainy afternoon as people pass me by,
trying to get warm, the smell of coffee blends in the crisp, damp air.
It reminded me of you, making me feel like I’m home.

Like the rain, you fell in my arms
Like the sun after a storm, you have shone on my life.
Like a cup of coffee in this cold November,
an aftertaste of your embrace.

I wait for the rain to stop, as strangers seem to go on with their lives
And I recall how we once were strangers trying to paint our dreams in the sky.
Mem’ries of smiles, raindrop kisses from you
I can’t wait to say how much I love you.

No comments: