Friday, August 17, 2007

leaving tonight



As promised, here's the girl's POV.

--
Leaving Tonight
Vocals: Sunshine Selga
Lyrics/Piano: Francis Funa
Copyright 2007


Thought I could hold on to the words
we've said, but I've moved on
to where the moon could hide.
And I am leaving tonight...

Caught between an open dream
and a hand to feel the sky
of silent waves.
It begins to fade
from my eyes.
I don't know why.

And I won't leave behind
sketches made with memories.
But I can't look back this time.
Tonight, I'd leave.

A walk in time, alone in circles,
and back to lose it all.
Too late to make things right
cause I am leaving tonight.

A word to take before it breaks
along these twisted lines
you had undone.
But there is none,
no words to give no rhyme.

No need to wait for the moment
the stars would close their eyes.
I can't look back this time.
I'm leaving tonight.

No comments: