Friday, August 17, 2007

frozen visions



So this is one of the few songs I've written, topic of which is based on two friends' sad story. Well, after being together for quite sometime now (around 8, I think, but they're a few months older than Francis and I), they had to part ways.

This is the guy's point of view. Will soon post the girl's.

--

Frozen Visions
Lyrics/Vocals: Sunshine Selga
Arrangement/Keyboards/Synths: Francis Funa
Copyright 2007



All I see is black.
All I hear is the shattering of frozen visions I don't even want to see.

The moon is crying, dying with me every night
as I lay in this desert of fragmented pain,
half-broken by the empty words chasing each other from your lips.

All the why's and how's are now the ashes that the wind
blows away and you can no longer chase.
I am the horizon that you will never reach.

I let myself drown in this sacred prison.
Here I feel sanctified.
Far from your eyes, I feel sublime.
I can breathe again just for a fleeting while.

The moon is crying, dying with me now.
I want to lay laughing with the desert's pain.
Maybe you can finally hear this strangled agony I keep.

No comments: