Tuesday, December 19, 2006

my sister won the lotto!

No, she didn't. But she's now a full-fledged engineer! And she even made it to the Top 20! Wahooo! Can't wait for her first-pay treat! Hahaha!

Congratulations, Erma! That's another of God's blessings for you!

Mom, Francis, RJ (sis' beau) and I went with her last Sunday to Manila Hotel to witness the oathtaking of this country's newest Chemical Engineers (or as the ticket put it, "Checmical Engineers". Man, a ticket costs 800 bucks and it has a typo? Duh.). We we're so afraid that we might not make it to Manila Hotel by 1pm, as there was an expected prayer rally near the vicinity. Thank God the traffic was still normal, we were able to make it on time.

The food served was good. Sulit ang 800! Though our table had to finish two cups of coffee before the creamer we requested arrived.

And being the aspiring photographer sister that I am, of course I took charge of documenting the event in pixels. Here are some of the photos. (Please don't expect them to be artsy.)

The oathtakers reciting "Panatang Makabayan". Nah, they're really saying "I am now an engineer so please
give me a job or else my parents would throw me out." And that's my sis with a rose in hand.



The UP Diliman "Checmical" Engineers! UP Diliman made it as this year's best performing school–
51 out of 51 board takers passed! UP FIIIIGHT!



Tres marias


RJ, sis, mom, moi and Isko


I miss you, grampa!

No comments: