Saturday, November 10, 2007

lemme have my circadian rhythm back, puhleeeeeeeze!

This entry, considering the time I am writing this, will definitely make Francis roll his eyes; or worse, give me a cold stare when we see each other soon. Oh, or he can also pretend to not care. Hahaha!

But before he does that (yes, Pangga, before you do any of those or all of those), let me come to my own defense.

My biological clock would still be ticking normally had it not been for this project my team worked on about three weeks ago. I remember it was a Friday saying hello to Saturday. 2:30am and we were still at work attending to our client who were still in our office. And I distinctly remember feeling nauseated because of staying that late, working still.

The days following that also required me to sleep no earlier than 12mn. And so during the days when I can freely sleep as early as I can, I can't. And it's not as if I want to stay up until 3am without feeling drowsy. I myself can't believe that I'm still alive, alert, awake and enthusiastic at the wee hours of the morning. I want to really cry myself to sleep just so the sting from my tears can force my eyes to shut.

But for all it's worth, I really am trying so hard to get my circadian rhythm back on track. And a wise thought dawned upon me just a few minutes ago: a vacation. A 5-day vacation would do. I can even settle for just 3 (nights). 3 or 4 nights that won't give me any reason to stay up late; a couple of days that would take me away from all the stress of a working gal's life. That would definitely help a lot in making me a normal person again, not some little girl with panda-like eyes. Really, I need to be feeling sleepy by 12mn at the latest, so I can be at work by 10am at the latest. Because these past few weeks, I've been coming in late (not that it really puts my head on the chopping board--our department enjoys the benefits of a full-flexi setup; but still...), and that's really not good (for me).

Okay now. I better wrap this up and force myself to sleep.

Good morning, everyone! Have a grand weekend!

No comments: