Sunday, November 11, 2007

when you float like a cannonball



L
ately, Francis has been into Damien Rice. To be precise, he's into Lisa Hannigan, Rice's accompanying vocalist. My boyfriend can't help but rave about her. And for a couple of days, he also raved about Rice's
Cannonball. We would be talking over the phone during the weekend and all I would hear playing in the background is that song. Or, we'd be chatting and his stat message would read "Damien Rice-Cannonball", or some other song of the dude.

I'm not complaining. Usually, he's the first one to "discover" this artist and his obsession rubs off on me. When he had his Tori Amos phase, I soon followed; and for weeks, my iPod would be churning out Amos songs one after the other, especially when we're on the road driving. Then came Jeff Buckley. Now it's Damien Rice's turn.

So when the opportunity came, he begged me that we cover Cannonball. Because it's been a while since we've had a recording date, I gladly obliged--even if it means I had to memorize the lyrics on the spot.

A video was even recorded, originally intended to be uploaded on YouTube; but realizing that we didn't record it in a nice park with matching falling leaves in the background and the camera panning at dramatic angles, we just opted to put the audio recording up in Imeem.

So folks, hope you enjoy our rendition of pareng Damo's Cannonball.

No comments: