Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!

Kamina, Simon and Yoko. Gurren lagann!!!
(Image from http://giapet.net)

Back in college, I was greatly hooked on animé. In fact, I was so hooked I made it a subject for my undergrad thesis, the title of which is: Animé Attack: The Effects of Japanese Action/Adventure Animation on Children's Behavior and Its Relationship with Children's Literature. I zeroed in on three prime time animé in GMA 7: Fushigi Yūgi, The Vision of Escaflowne and Dragon Ball. I remember crying over my thesis because I was so afraid I would not beat the deadline, which meant not graduating on time. But I did. And I was even surprised to have scored a sweet grade for my undergrad dissertation.

Sadly,
it's been years now since I was last hooked on animé shows. But because of my ever-reliable supplier of TV series, dear friend Cos, I am again addicted to another one: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Cos is right. The 27-episode series is engaging. The fight scenes are awesome; the characters are lovable; the lessons are valuable. Never mind if there's that ubiquitous hint (just hint?) of perversion prevalent in most action-adventure anim
é.

I have yet to finish 10 more episodes before I see it over again.

Now I miss those anim
é days. Guess I better do some catching up.

No comments: