Wednesday, June 16, 2010

i'm so excited and i just can't hide it!


The suggested floor plan for a 40sqm unit,
which we'll most likely adhere to.
Oh, and ours has a balcony, so weee!

I have a good motivation to work hard (yes, despite my ranting in my previous entry). In fact, right now, my head is so filled with plans for our new--our own--home in Sofia Bellevue.

The dining area/living room and bedroom of the model unit

We weren't really actively looking for our own house. We just made it a habit to drop by those clusters of agents and scale condo/house and lot models frequently found in malls. Francis and I would collect flyers and then sift through them. Then we came across this flyer of Sofia Bellevue, a cluster of mid-rise condo buildings in Capitol Hills. Seeing that the price won't make us empty all our savings in the bank (well, hopefully that won't ever happen), we got in touch with the agent whose name was stamped on the flyer.


The kitchen (my turf! I love the frosted cupboard doors!)
and a sneak peek of the bathroom

Long story short, we saw the model units for a 36sqm and a 40sqm. The latter has more room for two bedrooms, and so we decided to wait for a slot whose monthly amortization we can afford. The more affordable ones were already all sold out; the only option left was either to wait for a slot to be re-opened or wait for the official selling date of the ones in the newest building (there are five buildings, and there's only one building left to be constructed). However, if we were to go for the new building, we'd risk breaking the bank, so Francis and I agreed to just wait for a slot.

Unfortunately, after a month of two of waiting, our agent never got back to us. Well, she did, but every time she does, she always insisted on the new building despite the many times we've told her we can't possibly afford it. Good thing our couple friend, who already bought a 40sqm unit last year (and they're probably busy moving in this week), referred us to their agent, Lawrence. They said he's very diligent and is trustworthy. Seeing there's nothing wrong with trying, we told Lawrence what we wanted, and he assured us that he'll just give us a call or send us a text message if there are any developments. We prayed for it and waited.


The site development plan. Our unit is housed
in Woodridge building.

Then the good news came (story here). We really praise God for saying "yes" to our request. Not only did we get the deal we wanted, we also got a unit that's strategically located--it's on the sixth floor and has a balcony which overlooks the clubhouse and a golf course!

And so now, I am preoccupied with all the design plans possible. Since the actual unit is bare (all of the units are), we have to first erect divisions for the two bedrooms. Then it's down to the interior design. I am super excited because Francis and I have agreed to go tropical/modern zen,
with hints of Baguio, since we are so enamored with that place (think Café by the Ruins with a dash of Vocas art gallery; writing about this actually makes me feel all fuzzy!). I'm here wrecking my brains as to how to incorporate Baguio elements--wood, greens, nature, strawberries (this, we have down pat, thanks to the strawberry scented oil we have, haha!), coziness--and everything in between. I guess it's wise to heed the advice of home magazines: make a mood board. So we shall!

I so, so love the feel of this peg! This will definitely go in our mood board.

Oh, oh, oh, I really cannot contain the excitement! It's just really fun and wonderful to finally have our own place that we can decorate and spend time (and money) on. I bet I'll lose sleep just thinking about the many possibilities!

(All images are from the web.)

No comments: