Sunday, June 13, 2010

it was indeed a baguio bliss

It seems like happy things follow me whenever I'm in Baguio. My husband proposed to me there, and this recent trip, our prayer has been answered.

It was our last night in the City of Pines when we got the good news from our broker. We weren't even expecting to get a slot, considering all the 40sqm units in the mid-rise building we're eyeing have already been sold out. So when I got the text from our broker that a unit was opened for sale, I knew right away it was meant for us; and the news was made even sweeter because we were in our favorite city.

This recent trip is more special, actually. Aside from that answered prayer, it was during that four-day stay when I learned how to embrace spontaneity. I learned how to let go of being in control; I just let every day take me wherever it wants. It was really emancipating. I got to spend almost three days of loitering around Baguio alone (while Francis got busy with his convention), taking in the sights, sounds, smell, everything, and being thankful for each and everyone of them. The happiness I felt during my stay was different--it was deep. It's this kind of happiness that was enveloped with the repose I needed.

I went to Baguio to find peace from the past months' events, and I found it. I knew I would. God was gracious enough to hand it over to me, generously.

Looks like I have more and more reasons to come back.

***

Here are the trip's highlights:



(From top) The tunnel that tells me Baguio is barely 30 minutes away already; surprisingly, I even love the traffic in this city; Francis and I got gutsy and tried civet cat coffee--twice! First time in Cafe by the Ruins and second in BenCab Museum (Francis tried cupfuls; I only dared teaspoonfuls); the cozy and budget-friendly Brentwood Apartelle, which became our home for four days; Vocas Art Gallery, which houses Oh My Gulay restaurant, never fails to liven up the senses; another sensory overdrive in BenCab Museum along Asin Road in Tuba, Benguet; An interesting creation by Anna Varona (the time is read counter-clockwise); the picturesque view from the museum's balcony; the very beautiful garden at the museum

No comments: