Sunday, June 06, 2010

unplanned happiness

On the roads of Pangasinan, a few hours from Baguio

This is my second day here in Baguio, and this stay is one of those rare occasions when I deliberately have no concrete plans as to what I'm going to do here. If there are plans, all are sketchy. So yesterday went something like this.

Husband registered for his three-day convention
in Teacher's Camp, then...

breakfast of waffles at Volante along Session Road
before hubby went back to his convention.


Met up with friend Mari-An, hunted for books and had late lunch
(that's Talong Parmigiana for me) at Oh My Gulay resto


Came back to our hotel with these reads


Dinner with the hubby at Ayuyang


And then we capped off the night with a yummy blueberry
cheesecake at Vizco's on Session Road


I feel like I'm Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation, only that I'm not lost here in this beautiful city that's saccharinely familiar. I like that I still don't have concrete plans for today's solo jaunt. All I know is that I'm going to have late lunch somewhere in SM Baguio, and then come what may.

Spontaneity is so emancipating!

No comments: